About SIM Membership
Membership & Privileges
- Membership Events
Learning and networking never stops at SIM Membership. Our exciting calendar of events offers you opportunities for all-round, lifelong learning to achieve greater success and happiness in work and life.
Be it for career advancement, personal development, entrepreneurial insights or lifestyle trends, you’ll find something here for you.
In a globalised job market with ever-changing demands and challenges, the responsibility of building a resilient career and managing your career growth rests in your own hands.
Achieve career success by starting with an honest self-assessment of your talents; understanding yourself and your motivations; acquiring the skills and knowledge required for your job; setting a clear career plan and career goals; and building the right connections.
Our series of career workshops specially designed to help you at each stage of your career path, covering topics such as:
- Writing a winning resume
- Performing your best at interviews
- Crafting your personal career roadmap
- Building effective workplace relationships
- Dealing with office politics and handling tricky situations with political intelligence
- Understanding yourself and what types of jobs you are most likely to enjoy and excel in, using Harrison Assessments, a professional psychometric profiling tool.
Personal development is a life-long process and a key in helping you develop your potential; staying current; enhancing employability; increasing the quality of life and contributing to the realisation of your dreams and aspirations.
Our soft skills workshops address a wide range of topics helping you in your journey for success. They include topics on:
- Personal branding
- Profession and business etiquette
- Defining life goals and living with passion
- Personal effectiveness and productivity
Behind every successful business lies untold challenges and setbacks. We bring you up close and personal in this series with successful business leaders and entrepreneurs sharing their personal stories, experiences and behind-the-scenes challenges in starting and growing a business.
Distinguished CEOs, business leaders and entrepreneurs who have shared in this platform include :
- Mr Loren Shuster, Google’s Country Director for Singapore
- Mr Daniel Lim and Benajmin Han, Founders of Reebonz.com
- Ms Lena Sim, Founder of Ministry of Food (MOF)
- Mr Douglas Foo, Founder of the Sakae Sushi chain
- Ms Olivia Lum, CEO of Hyflux
- Dr Ron Sim, Founder of OSIM
Do you dream about starting your own business but are unsure how to go about it? This series helps you embark on the path of entrepreneurship and spark off business ideas. Get practical advice on how to start a business, the things to look out for in running a business, including the financial, marketing and human resource aspects. You’ll also get to meet other like-minded budding entrepreneurs and share ideas and experiences in sessions covering:
- How to start a business
- The first three years in business
- Challenges in growing a business and how to overcome them
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset
- Managing opportunities and failures
Take a break from the stress of work and the usual routines and spice up your life with our host of interesting hands-on activities. Network and make new friends who share common interests at our events which include:
- Culinary sessions
- Health and wellness
- Jewellery appreciation
- Wine appreciation
- Coffee appreciation
- Do-It-Yourself gardening workshops
SIM Members' Day
The SIM Members’ Day is a highly-anticipated annual event for all our members and their friends and families. This full-day event presents an exciting programme including concurrent talks on a wide range of career management, personal development and lifestyle interests topics.
Adding to the buzz are fringe activities such as a Library Open Day, bazaar, book fair by POPULAR Bookshop, children’s workshops and more. The event is open to public participants and attracts over 500 people each year. Be sure to join us for a day of learning and fun!
- © Copyright 2014 Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) |
About Singapore Institute of Management (SIM)
The Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) is a leading provider of higher education and professional training in Singapore. Its extensive range of membership programmes, activities and resources provide an important nexus for SIM students and members to network and learn.
- Members of The SIM Group